Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to randomly alter thes figures?

I currently have to log my start/finish mileage for the 20 working days in each
4 week period.Nobody ever checks this but is required for tax purposes.Would it
be (easily) possible to get a spreadsheet to do this for me if I enter start at
begin of month and finish at end of month,and it would then fill in my
start/finish for each day,I would need to manually complete for the first time
as the day to day mileage can vary ,but thereafter (the following month) could
I get it to randomly alter the daily mileage to make it appear more
realistic say by a few % + o r- each day,so that its not identical each month.
How would I do this? if its possible.
thanks
remove niljunk to send e-mail.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in A2
=$A$1+(RAND()*2*0.05*$A$1)-0.05*$A$1

this will vary the value time randomly within 5% of the time in A1.

Format the cell with the formula as Time.

Tom Ogilvy