Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table or Table Summary Help Please!!

Hello,
I am trying to do a table summary, which I believe I can accomplish with the
Pivot Table Report.
Can someone please help with what I am trying to do?

Using the following table (figure 1) as an example (comma separated incase
you'd like to copy the text, save as a .csv file, then import into Excel -
didn't want to post any attachments), I would like to build a summary based
on specific columns.
Essentially, I want the following information:
Number of cars sold by Manufacturer, date and dealer, similar to below.
manufacturer: Ford, date: 09/09/2003, dealer: 1, 1 cars sold
manufacturer: Ford, date: 09/09/2003, dealer: 2, 1 cars sold
manufacturer: Citroen, date: 08/09/2003, dealer: 1, 2 cars sold, etc...
Can this be done in Excel?? If so, how do you do it? How do you deal with
the fact that this is not all numeric data?
THanks in advance, hj.

figure 1.
Used Cars Recently Sold in Yourtown, OH.
manufacturer,model,license,date,dealer
Ford,Edsel,ewr-234,09/09/2003,1
Ford,Focus,eru-743,09/09/2003,2
Toyota,Landcruiser,itr-393,07/09/2003,3