Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Retaining text formatting in TextBox

ActiveX Textboxes don't support Rich Text formatting (RTF) like cells do.

Textboxes from the Drawing toolbar do support this and can be controlled
using the Characters method, same as a cell.

Of course textboxes from the drawing toolbar can only be used on the
worksheet.

The DataObject only supports textstrings, so I doubt it will maintain RTF

for the Drawing toolbar textbox, you could walk character for character from
the source cell to the toolbar and reproduce the formatting if that is what
you require (individual characters are formatted).

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim W" wrote in message
I am having a problem retaining formatting applied to
individual words in a UserForm TextBox. I am trying to
mark up data with a strikethrough, bolding and red. I need
to return the text back to its orginal cell and/or apply
it to another cell that needs identical markup. I can
apply it to all of the TextBox data. I there something I
am missing in the UserForm/TextBox properties that I may
be missing?

I have implemented Chip Pearson's pseudo clipboard (thanks
Tom. O.) and I can use that if necessary.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim Wiley