Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Hyperlinks while retaining formatting

Hi all,

Just been working on this one for a few hours today and thought I
would post what I've found. I had a staff member that had clickable
email addresses appearing in his excel spreadsheets, and wanted a way
to remove them without losing the formatting.

All of the macros that I tried unfortunately also meant that all of
the cell formatting was also removed..

Now I don't know if this is a bug, or a 'feature', but if you want to
remove hyperlinks but keep the formatting in a worksheet:
Using Excel 2003 SP3

Disable auto-correct, click Tools - AutoCorrect Options
Go to the "AutoFormat as You Type" tab
Untick "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"
Click OK to save changes..

Highlight all the cells in the workbook (I clicked the top-left cell,
doubt this bit matters)
Copy it to the clipboard
Paste it back over the copied text

Hope this helps someone out..