Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formula in one cell needs to use a figure from another cell but it crashes

I have the follwoing code:

If Target.Address = "$F$165" Then
Rows(167).Resize(25).Hidden = True
If Target.Value = "No" Then _
Rows(167).Resize(F17 * 5).Hidden = False
End If

F165 gives a Yes or No response. There are 25 rows hidden from 167 to
192. If the response in 165 is NO, then it is to unhide a portion of
those 25 rows.

The portion I want unhidded is the cell F17 times 5 (where F17 is a
number between 1 and 5)

However I try to write that formula around that second Resize command
I get an error. I cannot figure what is wrong.

Help please!

RU
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If Target.Address = "$F$165" Then
Rows(167).Resize(25).Hidden = True
If Target.Value = "No" Then _
Rows(167).Resize(Range("F17") * 5).Hidden = False
End If

Should work.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"RU_Powers" wrote in message
I have the follwoing code:

If Target.Address = "$F$165" Then
Rows(167).Resize(25).Hidden = True
If Target.Value = "No" Then _
Rows(167).Resize(F17 * 5).Hidden = False
End If

F165 gives a Yes or No response. There are 25 rows hidden from 167 to
192. If the response in 165 is NO, then it is to unhide a portion of
those 25 rows.

The portion I want unhidded is the cell F17 times 5 (where F17 is a
number between 1 and 5)

However I try to write that formula around that second Resize command
I get an error. I cannot figure what is wrong.

Help please!

RU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Works like a charm, once again thank you!

RU

"RU_Powers" wrote in message
I have the follwoing code:

If Target.Address = "$F$165" Then
Rows(167).Resize(25).Hidden = True
If Target.Value = "No" Then _
Rows(167).Resize(F17 * 5).Hidden = False
End If

F165 gives a Yes or No response. There are 25 rows hidden from 167 to
192. If the response in 165 is NO, then it is to unhide a portion of
those 25 rows.

The portion I want unhidded is the cell F17 times 5 (where F17 is a
number between 1 and 5)

However I try to write that formula around that second Resize command
I get an error. I cannot figure what is wrong.

Help please!

RU

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also,

If F17 is blank there will be an error.

And the If statement is case sensitive so that F165 must be "No"
not "no"... or change the If to
If lcase(Target.Value) = "no" Then _
--
sb