Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disabling the enable/disable dialog box with Digital Signature

Is there a way of disabling the enable/disable dialog box from Excel?
If I have a certificate from VeriSign or Thawte installed and check
the "Always trust from this source" checkbox, will that take care of
it? Or will this box always prompt the user? I spoke w/ VeriSign and
they told me that it is not possible to remove that dialog box, but
wanted to verify this. When I create a certificate and use it to sign
my Excel file, then save/close/open the docuemnt I get the dialog box
(as I expect to). When I check "Always trust from this source," and
then close and re-open the file, I no longer get the message. That is
why I wanted to get second opinion.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I don't have much experience with Digital Signatures but it does get
rid of the dialog box but only on your Excel and not other people's.
They will still get the dialog box when they open your file.

Digital Signature are really only used to verify that you are a trusted
source but once it's opened first time by others they too can check the
box for 'Alway trust this source' and will never get it again.

Hope that explain a bit more

Tom