Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Label for Controls

Hi Brian,

You can do this with a Label control from the Forms toolbar. Add one of
these label controls to your chart, then select the control, click inside
the formula bar, enter = and use your mouse to select the cell you want the
label to display. Press Enter to finish up. The label should now dynamically
display whatever text is in the cell you selected.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Brian Siano" wrote in message
I've created a spreadsheet which creates a line graph. On
this graph, I've added slider controls to allow the user to
move the graph lines back and forth, and up and down, so
they line up.

My problem is, the slider bars need to have labels, so
users can know which lines they're moving. But the labels
must draw their contents from a cell in the spreadsheet, as
users will be using this to graph a lot of different things.

The Labels in the Controls tolbox don't let me do this, and
I can't seem to do it in the Art toolbox either. Any
suggestions?