Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What events can be captured in a Class Module?

If you are talking about using With Events, you can use the events native to
the MSForms control (Listbox, combobox, textbox, etc). However, events like
Enter, Exit, AfterUpdate and BeforeUpdate belong to the container (the
control object) and aren't available using With Events. Likewise for
GotFocus and LostFocus which belong to the container (oleObject) on the
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

Julian Milano wrote in message
Like the subject says.......

Is there a list of which events for which type of controls are available

a Classs Module? I'm looking at textboxes at the moment....

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom,

So is there *anyway* to capture all the AfterUpdate and BeforeUpdate events
of many textboxes or do we have to write a routine for each?

--

Julian Milano

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
If you are talking about using With Events, you can use the events native

the MSForms control (Listbox, combobox, textbox, etc). However, events

like
Enter, Exit, AfterUpdate and BeforeUpdate belong to the container (the
control object) and aren't available using With Events. Likewise for
GotFocus and LostFocus which belong to the container (oleObject) on the
worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

Julian Milano wrote in message
Like the subject says.......

Is there a list of which events for which type of controls are available

a Classs Module? I'm looking at textboxes at the moment....

--

Julian Milano

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the routine for each control, instead of doing the "real work", you can call another sub that
does that.