Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run word document with api

There is no API to do it.
Not sure why you say these didn't help - perhaps you need to read them:

INFO: Writing Automation Clients for Multiple Office Versions

INFO: Using Early Binding and Late Binding in Automation

INFO: Use DISPID Binding to Automate Office Applications Whenever Possible

You need to use late binding and you won't have a problem.

Tom Ogilvy

GUS wrote in message
I make this question second time cause the first answer didn't help me at
all .

I want to put some excel data in a word document .
I have already the code to do that but i have to add a reference first to
word object library.

The thing is that some times when i transfer the file from my computer to
others that has older versions of excel the reference is missing .

So i thought that the better way is to try do the job (put some values

from
excel to word ) with API.

Can i do that ?
Or is a better way to add a reference (in this case word object library)

by
macro and not have problem ,if the program runs to other version of excel
(97 sr1,2000,2002)?