Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change excel document into word document

How can I change an excel spreadsheet into a word doc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy from excel and paste into MSWord?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try copying the file to a new name (for safety's sake).

Then open MSWord and use File|Open to open that copy of your excel file.

You may have the same trouble, though.

mrsb wrote:

How can I change an excel spreadsheet into a word doc

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How can I change an excel spreadsheet into a word doc

If you know how many rows and columns you want, maybe this'll help:

1. Create a table in Word with the desired number of rows and columns.

2. In Excel, select the cells to be copied, and use
Edit Copy

3. Back in Word, select the actual table columns. That is, hover the cursor
at the top of the left-most column until the down-arrow appears, then left-
click and hold it while dragging the cursor to the right to the last column
but not beyond it. Make sure the little rectangles to the right of the
table border are not selected. Then use:
Edit Paste cells

(I have Excel 2003 and Word 2003.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this (forgot where I got it; I didn't create it).

Sub CopyWorksheetsToWord()
' requires a reference to the Word Object library:
' in the VBE select Tools, References and check the Microsoft Word X.X
object library
Dim wdApp As Word.Application, wdDoc As Word.Document, ws As Worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.StatusBar = "Creating new document..."
Set wdApp = New Word.Application
Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add
Application.StatusBar = "Copying data from " & ws.Name & "..."
ws.UsedRange.Copy ' or edit to the range you want to copy
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range.Ins ertParagraphAfter
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range.Pas te
Application.CutCopyMode = False
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range.Ins ertParagraphAfter
' insert page break after all worksheets except the last one
If Not ws.Name = Worksheets(Worksheets.Count).Name Then
With wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count).Range
.InsertParagraphBefore
.Collapse Direction:=wdCollapseEnd
.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak
End With
End If
Next ws
Set ws = Nothing
Application.StatusBar = "Cleaning up..."
' apply normal view
With wdApp.ActiveWindow
If .View.SplitSpecial = wdPaneNone Then
.ActivePane.View.Type = wdNormalView
Else
.View.Type = wdNormalView
End If
End With
Set wdDoc = Nothing
wdApp.Visible = True
Set wdApp = Nothing
Application.StatusBar = False

RyGuy

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote:

How can I change an excel spreadsheet into a word doc

If you know how many rows and columns you want, maybe this'll help:

1. Create a table in Word with the desired number of rows and columns.

2. In Excel, select the cells to be copied, and use
Edit Copy

3. Back in Word, select the actual table columns. That is, hover the cursor
at the top of the left-most column until the down-arrow appears, then left-
click and hold it while dragging the cursor to the right to the last column
but not beyond it. Make sure the little rectangles to the right of the
table border are not selected. Then use:
Edit Paste cells

(I have Excel 2003 and Word 2003.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Refer to the topic on "Copy Excel data and charts to Word or PowerPoint" in
Microsoft Excel 2003 online help.

Challa Prabhu