Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with Keyboard scanner

paragraph 4 of getting started in the manual:

You must program the 3400 to work with your terminal
or computer by scanning the appropriate programming
bar code(s). (For further instructions, see Chapter 2,
section 2.2 or 2.3.)

Have you done that. Do you have the manual?

download he

http://www.bcdb.org.uk/3400doug.pdf

Tom Ogilvy

Lyne wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I am using a Welch Allyn 3400 barcode reader, DECODED, and I hooked it up

to my
keyboard. All I want to do for now is "see" the barcode I just scanned
in Word or Excel.

I don't see it... Why ? I double checked that the cable is correctly
attached to my scanner and the keyboard port (not the mouse port). I
reset the manufactured settings (default). I hear a beep when I scan a
barcode, but I can't see it.

Any help is much appreciated !

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, of course I have the manual and followed the instructions... I'm
trying to use EAN barcodes, and programmed the scanner to recognize
that kind, without luck. Besides programming it for the kind of
computer I have and the output section, anything else I should try to
program ? I read quite a lot about it and it seems that after the
programming part, I should be able to see something on the screen...

Thanks.