Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Time calculation based on filled information

I've attached a copy of the workbook in my original post. Here's a
screenshot of what I'm working with:

In the first two columns, the user enters the start date & time. The
next columns are standard columns that he would enter information.

As an example, in the first column of time between 7:10AM and 9:29AM
he spent that time under "PERSONAL".
Throughout the day, his schedule utilizes the other columns:
PROPAGATION,EDIFICATION, and OTHER ACTIVITIES.

While I know it's a simple math formula to compare the first two cells
to find the difference in time, I need to find a way to find the amount
of time that is spent under each catagory.

The last spreadsheet in the workbook I have orginally attached contains
a summary page where the TOTAL time for each catagory would be
displayed.

Once I figure this out, the rest is cake. ANY help would be
aprechiated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

your attachment didn't come through, and as a general rule you shouldn't
include attachments since most people won't want to open them anyway; best
to draw out the layout of your ws. directly in your posting.

From the info you've provided, I'd suggest you use subtotals to determine
the totals applicable to each category. You'd have to have a way of
identifying (on each row) the activity and the time spent. Once done, just
use the subtotals (Data--Subtotals) and designate your activity type as the
"for every change in ..." field, and perform a sum operation on the time
spent. Sorry this is kind of high level, but it'll work as long as your ws
is setup in a way that's conducive for the use of subtotals.

HWH