Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help with excel recipe book

You can do this with data validation using the list option.

Since the list of ingredients is on another page, you need to create a
reference to is using a defined name

Insert =Name = Define

Name: Ingredients
RefersTo: =Ingredients!$A$1:$A$200

Assumes your list of ingredients is found on a sheet name ingredients in
cells A1:A200

Now you select the cell(c) where you want to make the choice

Select Data=Validation, from the dialog, select List and in the box put in

=Ingredients

Now when you select that cell, a dropdown arrow will appear with your list
of ingredients.

You could set up a Master sheet that is formatted and has data validation
set up on the appropriate cells. Then copy this sheet each time you want to
put in a new recipe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi

I was hoping some one could explain how I can get a link
from one excel worksheet page to another on my recipe book.
For example: I have severeal worksheets with different
recipes on them, and one worksheet with all my ingredients
and the cost per kilogram on. What I would like to do is,
when writing a new worksheet recipe as I go to type in an
ingredient,the ingredient worksheet appears giving me a
choice to scroll down and choose from.Then by clicking on
that ingredient it will then be placed in the recipe
worksheet I am working in.

Please help frustrated baker

Mike

How to set up a recipe database in Microsoft Officel? Hassie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 18th 10 12:25 AM
recipe conversion CRS Excel Worksheet Functions 7 November 24th 08 08:00 AM
Recipe Paul Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 25th 08 04:33 PM
recipe card program Donna New Users to Excel 1 February 16th 07 11:20 PM
Set up costing sheet for multiple component recipe. Jackam Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 27th 06 09:34 AM