Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default timer within a macro

Hi Jonathan,

I think you have to use ON.TIME function. See this link of Chip Pearson

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

HTH

--
(So that you get best and rapid solution and all may benefit from the
discussion, please reply within the newsgroup, not in email)

"Jonathan" escreveu na mensagem
if I have a macro that opens a file and then another two
perform a function once a condition is met how do I do
it?

When the first macro runs it updates (via a dde link) and
takes a while to update. when fully updated a check cell
changes from value 0 to 1. When it turns to 1 I want the
second macro to run. any way to do this? Perhaps a loop
that keeps checking the status of the check cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SetLinkOnData can be used to trigger a macro when a DDE link changes.

Ontime, as Orlando has said, is used to run a macro after a set amount of
time has elapsed.

It sounds like Ontime has a role to play, but your challenge appears to be
initiating the ontime setting.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jonathan" wrote in message
thanks, but I don't think that is what I am looking for.

Was more looking for some type of code that said if a
cell does not equal a certain value, wait ten seconds, if
it does then run another macro.

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for all your help, however still not working.

The calculate event is for when data changes in a chart
accordign to my book. Not sure what you mean. I tried
doing an infinite loop until the condition was met but it
put the DDE updating on hold so didnt woark.

In summary, this is what I am trying to do:

a spreadsheet opens, DDE links start updating. I have a
cell that turns to "1" if the calculations are complete
and no errors and "0" if stillupdating or complete (i.e.,
fully updated) but with errors.

Once this turns to "1" I want to start another macro. I
actually have a macro from another file that opens the
file in question. what I would like to do is append to
that macro a mechanism to start the other macro once
the "1" condition is met.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
again./Jonathan

use the calculate event and test for the condition.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy