Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default QUESTION

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:26:52 +0100, Henry wrote:

Fernando,

Is the user logged into the machine (or a network)?
If so, use Application.UserName
If not, you will have to force the user to input a name and password (which
can be checked against a list of allowed users) when the program is started.

Store the name in a Global variable and pop it into your form whenever you
need it.

HTH
Henry

"Fernando Duran" wrote in message
What I want to do, is ask to the user to enter his initial or name, and
to printed in the form after, every time the user enters a new form, his
name get print in the form, as "Done for User", but I don't want the
user to override his name... How we can do this type of feature in VBA?

Fernando

Well, in this case, each user is individual, they are not connected to the
server. What I want, I don't need the name of the user in the form, but i
need to print the name in the form, like a signature, i don't want the
user to override his name.
I got your idea, i can even forbiden others users to get into the
software, is the last part.. how to print his name or user name.. because
i don't control the print process.... ???/

Fernando

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fernando,
What is the form you are printing...is it on a spreadsheet or a word
document?
If it's a spreadsheet, you can drop the name into an appropriate cell.
If you protect the sheet immediately afterwards, the name can't be changed.