Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Repost: XL2000 Template Wizard - help needed to update database

Jason

You need to call the macro from the add-in that does all that stuff. See
here

http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...GP11.phx .gbl

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Jason" <jht@oneboxdotcom wrote in message
I can't seem to find my earlier post, so here it goes again:

I set up a template that populates a list(database) using the template
wizard. I have a workflow/order of operations set up using macros and vb.

I want a button that activates the built in "template file - save to
database" functionality that you get by using the template wizard.

Here is what is happening now:
You fill in the fields and click the std toolbar save button and a message
box pops up with the heading "template file - save to database" there are
radio buttons for "add new record" and "save without updating"

When I create a button / macro and execute it, I do not get this message,
and the file simply saves. It does not update the list/database.

What I want:
is the "template file - save to database" event to trigger from my button.
I do not want the user to have to go to the std toolbar to trigger it.

Please give me a clue where to look for this command.

BTW, there is a password protected project called "3424.xls

(WZTEMPLT.XLA)"
at the top of my list of projects, that I can only assume is the Template
Wizard add-in.

Steve B. already tried helping me out, but to no avail (on this issue), I
did, however, learn a few good coding lessons. Thanks Steve!

Any other details I can give are just a post away...

thanks,
jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dick,

That works perfectly. Thank you thank you thank you!

The line of code is

Application.Run "Commit"

I also appreciate the link to the google group. I am pretty new to the
newsgroups and couldn't figure out a good way to search using outlook.

Super duper thanks again. That one had me stumped for a month.

Jason

"Dick Kusleika" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason

If you're happy, I'm happy. Google is great for searching old posts. If
everyone searched google before they posted here, I wouldn't have anything
to do. Ron de Bruin has an excellent add-in to simplify google searches
here

http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

If you plan on using the newsgroups, this one is a must have.