Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Embedding pictures in Excel

When I use Active server pages to write out a picture into
an Excel cell, then save the spreadsheet - the picture
only exists as a link and if I'm not connected to the
network - I can't see the picture upon reopening the
worksheet. If I insert a picture from within Excel (from
the same network location) and disconnect from the
network, I can bring up the worksheet and still see the
picture (it's a part of the worksheet). How can I make the
picture a part of the worksheet instead of a link to a
picture on another drive/machine when creating the
worksheet from ASP or VB?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jimmy,

Could you download it using something like
Worksheets("Sheet2").Pictures.Insert(filename)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jimmy Droke" wrote in message
When I use Active server pages to write out a picture into
an Excel cell, then save the spreadsheet - the picture
only exists as a link and if I'm not connected to the
network - I can't see the picture upon reopening the
worksheet. If I insert a picture from within Excel (from
the same network location) and disconnect from the
network, I can bring up the worksheet and still see the
picture (it's a part of the worksheet). How can I make the
picture a part of the worksheet instead of a link to a
picture on another drive/machine when creating the
worksheet from ASP or VB?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In ASP, instead of writing out to HTML pages, I change the content type
(MIME) to Excel and write the Excel cells as table data (Excel can read
this stream and create a worksheet). I'm pretty sure I tried something
like you said previously but it didn't work. What I need is an ASP
example that does work...