Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to get the value of a given cell address in excell

Is this for a worksheet formula?
=indirect(g3)
in H3

if for vba:

with activesheet
.range("H3").value = .range(.range("g3").value).value
end with

Nauman wrote:

Hi,

It's probable very stupid easy, but I cannot seem to figure it out.

I have three cells. F3,G3,H3

F3 = 23 (number)
G3= $F$3 (as text)

Now, in third cell i want to have a formule that would give me some
thing like following. (Ofcourse it's a psudo code.)

H3= value(G3)=23 or H3=value($F$3)=23 but I cannot pass the
value $F$3 but only the cell address G3.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for you help.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tj tj is offline

What about...
'in VBA code
[H3] = Range([g3]).value

That is if I understand your algorithm. You have a cell range defined
in text at the location of g3 that points to a cell that holds the
data that you want in H3. Is that correct?

Thurman