Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help sort this out

I have an excel sheet with logins and passwords the login is like
'AOL000001', 'AOL000002', etc and passwords are random letters. All are in
one column , login followed by password below. Now i'm required to put these
in 8 columns. This is easy

So after a few cut/paste operations I have it like this

column A column B .........column H
=======================================
AOL000001 AOL001251..... AOL008751
OULSXKD EXKDODL....... SDFOULSD
AOL000002 ....................
YXFROLD ......................
................. .....................
AOL001250 AOL002500.......AOL010000
YEICODT YLCLDOE........EDSFOUO
=======================================

But i'm asked to do it so that after 25 logins ( 50 rows ) the next 25
appear on the next column so in 1 page ( 25 * 8 ) we have all logins in
order.

the same pattern is followed on all pages.

So how do I do that. cut and paste would take ages. there are 10000 logins
in 4 files each.

Is there a more intelligent cut/paste sequence that would do it in less than
say 5 or even 10 minutes.

or a macro ?

any help is appreciated
thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could do this easily in Microsoft Word.

1. Save the file in its original format, with all entries in column A
2. Choose FileSave As, and save as a text tile.
3. Open Word, and open the text file
4. Click the Column button on the toolbar, and choose 3 or 4 columns
5. Adjust the bottom margin to fit 25 logins and passwords per column.

MAB wrote:
I have an excel sheet with logins and passwords the login is like
'AOL000001', 'AOL000002', etc and passwords are random letters. All are in
one column , login followed by password below. Now i'm required to put these
in 8 columns. This is easy

So after a few cut/paste operations I have it like this

column A column B .........column H
AOL000001 AOL001251..... AOL008751
OULSXKD EXKDODL....... SDFOULSD

--