Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
MAB[_4_] MAB[_4_] is offline

Default Help sort this out

I have an excel sheet with logins and passwords the login is like
'AOL000001', 'AOL000002', etc and passwords are random letters. All are in
one column , login followed by password below. Now i'm required to put these
in 8 columns. This is easy

So after a few cut/paste operations I have it like this

column A column B .........column H
=======================================
AOL000001 AOL001251..... AOL008751
OULSXKD EXKDODL....... SDFOULSD
AOL000002 ....................
YXFROLD ......................
................. .....................
AOL001250 AOL002500.......AOL010000
YEICODT YLCLDOE........EDSFOUO
=======================================

But i'm asked to do it so that after 25 logins ( 50 rows ) the next 25
appear on the next column so in 1 page ( 25 * 8 ) we have all logins in
order.

the same pattern is followed on all pages.

So how do I do that. cut and paste would take ages. there are 10000 logins
in 4 files each.

Is there a more intelligent cut/paste sequence that would do it in less than
say 5 or even 10 minutes.

or a macro ?

any help is appreciated
thx