Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default -2147418113 (out of memory)

I don't really know about the error itself, however, there's a number of
things that could cause memory issues. Is your file performing a lot of
calculations, what tasks is it doing, a lot of copying and pasting or large
areas being copied and pasted? I had to reduce the number of undo levels in
the registry editor cause of this copy and paste issue. If AutoCalc is the
calculation mode when the file is opened, or if the file is opened with no
other files currently open in that particular instance of Excel and the
file's calculation mode is set to Automatic, how much is Excel calculating
once the file is opened and before the user gets control of Excel again?
Excel does do a lot of redundant calculations (at least 97 does as I can't
really testify about 2000 or 2002 since I have set my calculations to manual
mode due to this and other issues) when automatic calculations takes place.

So one thing you may want to do is look through your code and the settings
within Excel and that particular file to see if there's anything in there
that could cause additional memory to be used. Remember, XL97 only allows
up to 80MB of RAM to be utilized and XL2K and XLXP only allows up to 160MB
of RAM to be used.

Another area to look at in particular to your code, be sure as the code is
running, it's not trying to call on or perform on some object that does not
exist even though the code may be syntax correct, such as if you referring
to some worksheet on the workbook through a variable and what the variable
returns, there is no worksheet that exists within the workbook. I have seen
Excel crash from such issues. If this is happening within the code that is
triggered at the point of time after openning the file but before getting
control of the file, you may need to rename the Auto_Open or the Open Event
within the Workbook Object Code window. If the file is not open already,
the only way to do that is to disable the macro execution as you open the
file, then rename the macro that would normally run otherwise when it's
openned, then save and close the file, then reopen the file again with
macros enabled, then step through the code.

--
Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Production Statistician
"lan" wrote in message
Hi
I have an excel with a user-define form.
when opened in other computers.
the error -2147418113 appear stating out of memory.
what should I do?
thanks