Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Counting

Folks

Could someone tell me if I can do this without code or not.

What I want to do is have a list of dates across row 1, say every tues and
thurs in a month but continiuing across 1 sheet per month. Now I want to
mark attendances in to row 2 for that person so it may be A2 is "A", B2 is
"A" etc.. and have a monthly percentage and some form of ongoing percentage,
but when I put in a value of say "E" for exam instead an "A" the percentage
starts from zero again. The basic concept is that I keep a running tally of
whether the person can be examined or not based on their attendance and once
they have been examined, start the count and percentage again.
Therefore if a person has over 85% attendance they can be examined or a
count of 12 nights. Once they are examined the count and percentage rate
would start again until they reach the same equivalent for their next exam.

All help is greatly appreciated, all examples of code or formulas to kick me
off more than welcome.

Regards

Gav !!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gav,

It's better to do it via code. The function

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As
Excel.Range)

can meet your request.

Best Regards
Bill