Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLS File revertng back to an old version

I'm experiencing the most bizzare thing. I have an app that
manipulates numbers and saves them to another excel file which is
saved then closed.
When i look at the file after that event i note that it shows the
correct Modified Date and Time. Further, when i manually open the
file i see that the data i saved is there.
However when i open it with my app to extract the data i notice that
the date and time of the file is the original version and the data
that i import from it is also the original data. When i then look at
the file in the folder i notce that it has reverted back to the
original file.
Has anyone experienced this before? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
I'm using xl2000 on an XP pro OS platform.