Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What does this do?

RH,

RNum is simply a variable used as a counter in the For ... Next loop. First
time through the loop it will be set to 1, 2 on the second, etc. until it
gets to the value in MRow. Typically it will be used in the loop to refer to
something else.

MRow is just a numeric value of the number input by the user at the start,
with 10 added.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"RH" wrote in message
I'm working on an Excel project and ran across this code
snippet:

###########################
temp = InputBox(prompt:="Enter the Number of the last row
shown on the screen (i.e. 1130):", _
Title:="Length of File",
Default:="2000")
If temp = "" Then
MsgBox prompt:="Convert Data Procedure
Canceled."
Range("a1").Select
Exit Sub
Else
End If
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
MRow = CSng(temp +
10) 'Converts temp from string to
number
counter1 = 0
For Rnum = 1 To MRow

##############################

So, in this case....What is RNUM? I don't understand
the "= 1 TO MROW" here.

Can someone elaborate please?

Thanks!
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the folowups guys! now I get it!!

Now that I got the loop worked out,I have another
question...

I want to modify my code to search for a cell with a
specific value in it, then search for ANOTHER cell with a
specific value and then select all the ENTIRE ROWS that
are between the two cells it found.

I've been trying to use the range object to do this, but
I'm so rusty!! I only get to do VBA/Excel programming
about once per year. So, I'm having a hard time with it.
Any pointers??

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright Tim,

My brain is smking now!

;-)

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I utilized this code and I keep getting the "At least one
Target not found" messagebox even though I've modified it
and I know for a certain that the data is there.

Any thought?

Bob

"RH" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I ran this:

Sub AAASelect()
Dim rng As Range, rng1 As Range, rng2 As Range
Dim cell As Range

'find the bottom of the data in Column A, search from A1
' to the bottom of the data
Set rng = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp))
For Each cell In rng
If cell.Value = "Target1" And rng1 Is Nothing Then _
Set rng1 = cell
If cell.Value = "Target2" And rng2 Is Nothing Then
Set rng2 = cell
Exit For
End If
Next

If Not rng1 Is Nothing And Not rng2 Is Nothing Then
Range(rng1, rng2).EntireRow.Select
Else
MsgBox "at least one target not found"

on this data in Column A of the active sheet starting in A1

1
2
3
4