Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel crashes with createEventProc for a button

When I tried your code yesterday, it crashed in xl2002 for me, too.

Tina wrote:

Hi,
I am running the following code and Excel crashes after making the
first or the second button. It also opens the code window that i dont
want it to show. What should i do? Why is excel crashing?
-----------------------

Workbooks("Game").Sheets("Data").Activate
Dim OLEObj As OLEObject
For i = 0 To 4
Set OLEObj =
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(ClassType:="Forms.Comma ndButton.1",
Link:=False _
, DisplayAsIcon:=False, Left:=50 + i * 100, Top:=10,
Width:=80, Height:= _
25)
OLEObj.name = "TheButton" & i
'
' Create the event procedure
'
With ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(OLEObj.Paren t.CodeName).CodeModule

.InsertLines .CreateEventProc("Click", OLEObj.name) + 1,
"Msgbox ""You Clicked The Button"" "

End With

Next i
TIA!