Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need to Find End Value of a Column with Unknown End Range

I have a need to find the Last Value of a Column where the
max rows varies from day to day. Does anyone know how
to auto find this end value of the column via code without
know how many rows will be in the column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Via code (assuming col c):
LastVal = Range("C65536").end(xlup).value

Via cell formula:
ctrl/shift/enter:
=INDEX(C:C,MAX((C1:C20000<"")*row(1:20000))

I have a need to find the Last Value of a Column where

the
max rows varies from day to day. Does anyone know how
to auto find this end value of the column via code

without
know how many rows will be in the column?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there are only numbers in the column or at least the last filled cell
will be a number, this will be a much faster formula than an array formula:

=INDEX(D:D,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,D:D,1),1)

Tom Ogilvy