Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mellowe

Default Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location

Is there a function I can use to find a text string in a particular column -
say in column (H) for string 'Mytotal' to be replaced by 'Subtotal' when the
cell location of 'Mytotal' is unknown only the column is known? And also is
there a function that can find a certain value in a column then delete the
row below the found value? e.g in column (H) find 'Subtotal' then delete the
row below the occurance of 'Subtotal'. Help is much appreciated with this one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

You can use MATCH to find where "Mytotal" is located, assuming you know
either the row or the column.

I think you'll need VBA to do what you want however.