Judith

Default find and replace does not work in a linked cell

I have a column in a worksheet that contains links to other cells within the
same workbook, i.e. formula is ='lease Aug 2005'!F20. I want to perform a
find on Aug and replace it with Sept (to update the cells with September's
information) but am having no luck. It keeps looping into an "Update Values"
dialog box. The workbook was originally created in Excel 2000 and I am now
using Excel 2003. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
CyberTaz

Hi Judith-

You're definitely on the right track, but you're missing one key ingredient.
Before you use Find & Replace, go to ToolsOptions-View and put a check in
the box for 'Formulas'. Once you do your F&R go back to remove the check.

HTH |:)