Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Subtract 7:00 pm from 7:30 pm

This is easy. First aquaint yourself with time and date
format. the important concept here is even if you wish to
only display 7:30 AM the cell will also have the date
(8/21/03) information in it. So if you ask for a hh:mm
display the cell will actually have [mm/dd/yy and} hh:mm.
So format cell A1 for hh:mm and plug in 7:00. Then format
A2 and A3 using Format Painter. Plug 7:30 into A2. Now
in A3 Subtract A1 from A2 [=A2-A1]
Want to know how many days sice you were born? enter =TODAY
() into cell B1, the format paint B1 into B2 Enter your
birthdate into B2. Don't format B3 now =B2-B1 Result is
number of days

Subtract Chi Excel Worksheet Functions 0 April 1st 08 02:52 PM
how do i add and subtract kim New Users to Excel 4 December 22nd 07 12:10 AM
subtract henryshuttle Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 26th 06 05:05 PM
how to subtract one row from the other? prasad Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 8th 05 08:38 PM
Subtract 7:00 pm from 7:30 pm Rohit Thomas Excel Programming 0 August 21st 03 10:59 PM