Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default window control

I recently downloaded an Excel file that will not allow me to resize the
workbook window. It also doesn't have the Minimize, Maximize, and Close
buttons on the right side of the title bar for the workbook, and doesn't
allow me to resize the window by clicking and dragging the borders. I
didn't see a property in ThisWorkbook object that would explain this. How
did they do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave,

The workbook is probably protected. Choose Tools/Protection/Unprotect
Workbook from the menu and you can unprotect it if it was not protect using
a password. If it was protected using a password, download the free Excel
Utilities from my web site below and you'll find a utility for removing
workbook and worksheet protection passwords.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Dave B" wrote in message
I recently downloaded an Excel file that will not allow me to resize the
workbook window. It also doesn't have the Minimize, Maximize, and Close
buttons on the right side of the title bar for the workbook, and doesn't
allow me to resize the window by clicking and dragging the borders. I
didn't see a property in ThisWorkbook object that would explain this. How
did they do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools|Protection|Protect WorkBook

and check the Windows option