Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to send e-mail from excel

I need to be able to click on the button in Excel workbook resulting e-mail
sent with address and subject line are filled up
and attach active workbook to e-mail. after that e-mail is sent without any
other action. (in another scenario client will need to click Send button)

Your help is greatly appretiated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Barmaley,

Go to this site and learn all about email
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

--
sb
"Barmaley" wrote in message
I need to be able to click on the button in Excel workbook resulting

e-mail
sent with address and subject line are filled up
and attach active workbook to e-mail. after that e-mail is sent without

any
other action. (in another scenario client will need to click Send button)

Your help is greatly appretiated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this then

Sub test()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is the Subject line"
On Error GoTo 0

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Barmaley" wrote in message ...
Thank you, that's pretty much what I was looking for.
this is the code from the website:Sub Mail_workbook()
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"This is the Subject line"
End Subthere was only one problem, when it asks me "A program is trying to
automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this?" and I
click "No" it gives me runtime error.So I added error handling parthere is
my result:Sub Mail_workbook()On Error GoTo ErrHandler
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail ", _ "This is
the Subject line"
ErrHandler:End Sub
I thought I'd post my findings, it might help someone

Thanks again

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
http://www.rondebruin.nl/