Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default a lot of "ExternalData" Named Ranges

I'm having a problem with range names being created when I do Queries. They
all begin with ExternalData. I've found several references to this problem
in the archives, and there are suggested subroutines to remove these named
ranges, which I have successfully implemented.

But I wonder if I am doing something wrong in the way Microsoft intended
these Queries to work. Does everyone who uses queries just plug in a
routine to remove these ExternalData range names after their query? It sure
seems less than elegant, especially with a function that is so useful
(Queries).

Thanks for any help,

Dick Sanders