Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CONDITIONAL OUTLINE

Is it possible to conditionally promote or demote a column
or row based on cell contents in the column or row? For
example, if A1=0 AND B1=0 then demote row 1. This non-
programmer thanks you for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,
You can sort by rows (or columns) in ascending or descending order,
which is rather basic worksheet.function stuff, and this is the programming
group (code) and the subject title perhaps contains critical information not
included in the body. So perhaps you are looking for an indentation
in an outline by conditionally adding spaces in front.

Hi Greg,
Can you be more specific what you are looking for.

possible worksheet solution that indents:
=IF(AND(A1=0,B1=0)," " & C1, C1)

I don't think you are talking about subtotals outline.

Toward a programming solution you can look over my proper.htm
web page. But before doing anything else, I think you have to
define what you mean by demote.

---
HTH,

"Greg" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to conditionally promote or demote a column
or row based on cell contents in the column or row? For
example, if A1=0 AND B1=0 then demote row 1. This non-
programmer thanks you for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi David,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten a chance to look at this for a
couple of days... thank you for responding.

What I want to be able to do is hide and/or unhide columns
and/or rows based on the contents of the cells in those
colums and/or rows. For example, if C4 and D4 equal 0,
then I want to hide row 4 (or demote it using outlining).

I hope this makes more sense. Thank you very much!

[...]

David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed

Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Greg" wrote in message

Is it possible to conditionally promote or demote a

column
or row based on cell contents in the column or row? For
example, if A1=0 AND B1=0 then demote row 1. This non-
programmer thanks you for any help!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,
Sorry did not realize it was Data, Group & Outline you wanted
help with, I seems vaguely familiar but not enough for me to help
you with it.
--
---
HTH,