Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code and data part deux

Ok, so now I have a workbook jammed to the gunnels with code in file
code.xls with the project appropriately named 'code'.

I have another workbook in, say, file mystuff.xls and it has a reference to
code in code.xls. It all works just dandy.

But I tried to create Yet Another workbook, in say, morestuff.xls and create
a reference to code in code.xls as well. For the life of me I can't remember
the exact and somewhat arcane sequence of opening files with and without
enabling macros to get the damn thing to get linked up. Could someone be so
kind as to post a see spot jump, insert tab A into slot B flavor of
instructional script that would enable the casual administrator to get the
code linked into the new workbook without the really cryptic messages
telling me, in so many words, that I can't get there from here?

--
Terry

"I said I never had much use for one,
I never said I didn't know how to use one."
M. Quigley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the IDE ( development environment)
select, on the menu, Tools then References
click Browse, select Excel files from the file type and
navigate to the file that you want to reference. click
Open to select the file, then click OK to close the
references window.

Hope this wasn't too cryptic for you ;)

If the xls that you're referencing is all code, why not
simply make it an XLA...then your administrators only
need copy it to a specific folder for the excel files to
find it using the Add-In manager.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

.