Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing csv into excel and not retrieving all data

Hi, When I import external data using the wizard I am not
getting all
of the data. Here is the problem. I am importing a csv
file into
excel using the wizard. Then when I look at my data the
alphanumeric
data I have is ignored. For example in the same column I
have 1234,
1234A, 1234B etc. But the 1234A and 1234B won't show up
after I
imported the data. Can anyone please help me to know how
to fix this.
Thanks for your time!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suspect it is treating the column as numeric. Try putting in a dummy row
at the top of your .csv file that has alpha numeric data in all the columns
that need to be alpha numeric. I haven't seen this, so this is just a
guess, but it sounds like what might be happening.

Tom Ogilvy