Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SQL Statement Attaching to SQL Server

I have a SQL statement that runs perfectly in SQL Server's
Query Analyzer (includes a COMPUTE ... BY statement). When
I run it in Query Analyzer it works, when I run it in
Excel's Microsoft Query box, it only returns the first
group and doesn't do a compute. Is there a limitation to
the extended SQL that I can use within Excel?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Probably Excel isn't the limitation, but maybe MSQuery or Jet. (or maybe
the database driver).

Perhaps you can try using ADO:

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/vba/adodao/

frankly, I don't know if ADO uses Jet or not, but I believe there is a way
not to use Jet if that is the limitation.

Tom Ogilvy