Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting VBA app to VB.net project

1) you can just "drag" modules from the Excel IDE to a
folder or desktop. similarly, you can drag these same
modules into a VB6 IDE. The issue in VB is that to run
and Excel specific code, you need to set a reference in
the VB project to the Excel Library.

2) How can your users run an Excel application without
having Excel installed? To run ANY program it has to be
installed on the client workstation or PC. Maybe you need
to re-phrase the question?

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are so right: I need to re-phrase the objective.

I'm trying to reproduce the funtionality of my Excel applications in
Visual Basic so the end user doesn't have to have Excel installed.

I presume this will mean using grids and generic objects instead of
workbooks/worksheets and mso objects.

In my fantasy, there is a tool that will allow me to map Excel-specific
references to VB.net (or even VB6) equivalencies, and preserve most of
the code.

If there is not a tool, perhaps there is a document that
cross-references VBA to VB.net. (If there isn't one, there should
be...I may have to make one someday.)

Some of the applications include a lot of graphics for simulation. It
was pretty easy to put them on a grid in Excel, but I presume I can get
better and faster results in a standalone VN.net application. I just
dread spending 6 months doing the re-writes.

Thanks for your help.

Mike Burke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Michael Burke" wrote in message

You are so right: I need to re-phrase the objective.

I'm trying to reproduce the funtionality of my Excel applications in
Visual Basic so the end user doesn't have to have Excel installed.

I presume this will mean using grids and generic objects instead of
workbooks/worksheets and mso objects.

In my fantasy, there is a tool that will allow me to map Excel-specific
references to VB.net (or even VB6) equivalencies, and preserve most of
the code.

No but you could write your own functions to do this
and then replace the excel calls with those functions

If there is not a tool, perhaps there is a document that
cross-references VBA to VB.net. (If there isn't one, there should
be...I may have to make one someday.)

The grid tools supplied in .net are not really up to this
I'd suggest looking the the VSFlexGrid from Component One

https://home.componentone.com/produc...1&ProductID=68

Keith