Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default change default for sort ?

I want to change the default from header row to NO header row when
sorting.
Know where this setting is?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Allen,

Your choices in VBA (from the Help file) a

Header:=xlGuess
Header:=xlYes
Header:=xlNo

John

"Allen" wrote in message
I want to change the default from header row to NO header row when
sorting.
Know where this setting is?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John, Thanks for the answer.
I have never used vba, I basiacally understand the code below.
I think it is about time I learned.
I do not know where to start. Could you point me in the right
direction :-)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:35:07 -0400, "John Wilson"
wrote:

Allen,

Your choices in VBA (from the Help file) a

Header:=xlGuess
Header:=xlYes
Header:=xlNo

John

"Allen" wrote in message
.. .
I want to change the default from header row to NO header row when
sorting.
Know where this setting is?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Allen,

As you posted in the .programming group I thought that
you were looking for a VBA solution.

Seeing as your not, in re-evaluating your question, there
isn't a defualt, per se, for that option nor is there a way
to set it.

This is one of those "Bill is infinitely smarter than you and He
'knows' what you want to do better than you do" type of
features. Excel isn't too bad, but the ones in Word can be
very difficult to get around.

Anyway, when you try to do a sort, Excel evaluates the range that
you're trying to sort. If the top row (or even the row above the
selected range) is formatted differently from the rest of the range,
Excel will "assume" a header row and set it as a "default". If it's
not formatted differently and doesn't "look" like it might somehow
be a header row, Excel will assume that it isn't.

John

wrote:

Allen,

Your choices in VBA (from the Help file) a

Header:=xlGuess
Header:=xlYes
Header:=xlNo

John