Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Parametrized Macros preventing other macros

We have a VB client calling two Excel macros.The first macro got
parameters and the second none.They are getting called from the client
in the same order,ie,macro with parameters first and the macro with no
paramter next.

The problem is that though the first macro gets executed the second
doesnt.When I try to execute the macros from VB in debug mode,the
second macro call always opens the VBA editor.I also tried calling a
dummy macro without parameter first,the macro with paramter next
followed by a macro with/without parameters.The first and second macro
get executed,but,the third(last) macro doesnt get called as usual, and
I presume again that the second macro having parameters is creating a
situation.

Also I noticed that when I open from Excel Tools-Macro-Macros I do
not see any Parameterized macros in the macro list!

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Sundar
CIStems Software LTD,Jaipur.

[note: iam currently using MS office 2000 on win 2k prof]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"sundar" wrote in message
om...
We have a VB client calling two Excel macros.The first macro got
parameters and the second none.They are getting called from the client
in the same order,ie,macro with parameters first and the macro with no
paramter next.

The problem is that though the first macro gets executed the second
doesnt.When I try to execute the macros from VB in debug mode,the
second macro call always opens the VBA editor.I also tried calling a
dummy macro without parameter first,the macro with paramter next
followed by a macro with/without parameters.The first and second macro
get executed,but,the third(last) macro doesnt get called as usual, and
I presume again that the second macro having parameters is creating a
situation.

This is highly unlikely , I call such macros from VB all the time
without problem. The VB Editor SHOULD open when running in
debug mode and I would expect you to be able to step through the
code in VBA before it passes back to VB.

It sounds like a run time error is occuring in the second macro
what is shown in the VB editor when this happens ?

Also I noticed that when I open from Excel Tools-Macro-Macros I do
not see any Parameterized macros in the macro list!

Thats normal behaviour and not a problem.

Keith