Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default startup file

Hi:
I have a worksheet (form) that I would like to load at
startup. I have moved a copy of the workbook to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart and it
loads as expected. But, if you change the form and use
Save AS it loads the last form saved. Also if open filed
is clicked before a file is saved the original default
folder is displayed.
My questions a
What is the proper way to load a workbook as a startup?
Also, force the new button to re-display that startup
form if possible and the Save As workbooks sent to a
default folder and the open button display the default
folders saved files.

I guess I would like it to work just as excel works now
but uses my workbook as the startup and new workbook.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

TK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

TK

If you save the workbook as a template in the XLStart directory and name it
Book.xls, then it will be the default workbook when you start and when you
create a new workbook from File - New.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel