Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prevent dialog - Prevents Sending Excel File From Outlook

Hi,

I've read that:

"Outlook prevents e-mail messages from being sent
programmatically from
Outlook without your knowledge by displaying a dialog that
enables you to send or not
send the message."

I want to disable this protection...

I have attempted to install outlook redemption from:

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption

I installed the file and now it is in

C:\Program Files\Redemption\Redemption.dll

Then I have gone to excel and:

1: Go to the VBA editor, Alt -F11
2: ToolsReferences in the Menu bar
3: Place a Checkmark before Microsoft Office Outlook 9.0
Object Library

Then I have put in the following code:

Sub safe_send_mail

dim SafeItem, oItem
set SafeItem = CreateObject
("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of
Redemption.SafeMailItem
set oItem = Application.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "
SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
SafeItem.Subject = "Testing Redemption"
SafeItem.Send

End Sub

But I get the following error;

Object doesn't support this property or method (Error 438)

Please tell me what I am doing wrong! Any suggestions
would be great.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional. Is that the problem?

I never use redemption so I can't help you with it.
But maybe CDO is a option for you also

http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm
This code will not work in Win 98 and ME.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I'm using Microsoft Outlook

from Microsoft Office 2000 SR - 1 Profesional

When I run the sub my workbook gets saved as:

send mail test.xls 15-08-03 16-24-56

in my C:/

So that works but I never recive the Email and I don't
think it is sent.

Thanks again for you help

JP

I tested it on Xp without any problems and know people

with
2000 using it also.

I like to know also why it is not working for you
What mailprogram you are using?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JP

Maybe it is because you do not have a full install.?????
I will soon delete the beta 11 from my computer and will install Win 2000 on that part
to see if I can find it.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron de Bruin,

I will have to double check with my IT department on
Monday about the instal. Thanks again for all your help.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This work perfect with windows 2000 for me. With the
Redemption dll installed.

Found this on Googles a while back.

Private Sub Safemail()
Dim SafeItem, oItem, objOL, Namespace
Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set Namespace = objOL.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Namespace.Logon
Set SafeItem = CreateObject
("Redemption.SafeMailItem") 'Create an instance of
Redemption.SafeMailItem
Set oItem = objOL.CreateItem(0) 'Create a new message
oItem.Save
SafeItem.Item = oItem 'set Item property
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "Kurt Doe"
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "Brad Doe"
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "Kevin Doe"
SafeItem.Recipients.Add "Ross Doe"
SafeItem.Recipients.ResolveAll
SafeItem.Attachments.Add "G:\P&FM\PARTS\Trash\inlet.xls"
SafeItem.Subject = "Stock Order"
SafeItem.Body = "Thanks People"
SafeItem.Send
Set objOL = Nothing
Set oItem = Nothing
End Sub

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks! This code works great! How do I attach the
workbook that the code is in? When I use:

SafeItem.Attachments.Add ActiveWorkbook.FullName

I get the error message:

Cannot open file

But when I specify a path to another workbook it works
flawlessly.

Thanks again.

JP