Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Catch Update Linked Cells Event

Hi all!
I have a sheet with some cells that are linked and some
not. Changes will occur in the master workbook that may
require some of the unlinked cells to be changed to
linked. I'd like to know if it is possible to catch the
event triggered when a user clicks the "OK" to update
linked cells so I can run a procedure to check if other
cells need to be updated. Can anybody help me catch this
event? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Joe
(please respond directly to the group)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The update is done before any macros run, so no, I don't believe there is a
way to capture it - but even if you did, of what value would it be to the
situation you describe. You could have your workbook open event perform
the action to identify addtional cells - then when you put in linking
formulas, they would be updated at that point. Also, whether the user is
queried or not is a user selectable setting - the setting is made at the
application level.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy