Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PasteSpecial:VBA vs right click

"Ed" wrote in message
When you bring up Paste Special witha right click, you can choose to paste
only formats, or formulas, or values, etc., but not more than one. With
VBA, can I PasteSpecial format AND values, but NOT formulas?

Hi Ed,

VBA is the same as the UI in this regard. You can perform as many
PasteSpecial operations in a row as you like, though, in order to get the
combination you're after.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help. I have a spreadsheet that is growing mostrously, and I
suspect it's because I've got links to the Sheet2 that have to be
recalculated and maintained. The links, though, are actually hyperlinks to
other documents. It suddenly dawned on me that, once I have everything in
place, I could take all the values and paste them to a clean sheet, and - as
long as I can bring along all my formatting (text, hyperlink, positioning in
cell, etc.) - I don't need the formulas that pull these from the other
sheet. I'm hoping that might save some file size (I'm up to 11.4 meg and
growing!).

Ed