Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending a workbook with a message

Hello, I hope someone can help me out on this please.
I am using VBA in Excel XP with Windows 2000.

I need to send a workbook via e-mail as an ATTACHMENT. The
user would run the code from Excel. Can this be done using
the built-in dialog 'xlDialogSendMail'? It works great as
far as adding the workbook as an attachment, adding the
address line and the subject line. My example code follows:

Set oMessage = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail)
oMessage.Show ", "subject line"

The only problem is, I want to add a message along with
the attachment and I need it to actually SEND the email. I
can't seem to get it to do this. If this is not THEE way
then what is the most efficient way?

Your sample code would be most appreciated...
Thanks in advance...