Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Default GetOpenFilename - Problem

Hi

I have a problem with the Application.GetOpenFilename-function. This
function requires the parameter FileFilter. The length of my FileFilter is
morer than 255 characters, but the maximum length of this text is limited to
255 chars. Any ideas for solving this? Maybe a workaround? Many thanks in
advance.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

Harald

My FileFilter contains 300 characters or nine different filetypes. How to
enter this?

Tom

"Harald Staff" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi Tom

How many filetypes could be reasonable to offer ? (Imo you're not

underestimating your
users sufficiently. Users are always to be considered stupid :-) Anyway, a

good workaround
is "All files *.*" at the end of the suggestions.

You're not happy with this, ok, I know already ...

--
Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi

I have a problem with the Application.GetOpenFilename-function. This
function requires the parameter FileFilter. The length of my FileFilter

is
morer than 255 characters, but the maximum length of this text is

limited to
255 chars. Any ideas for solving this? Maybe a workaround? Many thanks

in
advance.

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Tom is offline

I know that I can shorten the text, but this not an elegant solution.

Tom

"Dan E" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Tom,

You do not need to type exactly what you would like the user to be able to

open???

Application.GetOpenFilename

FileFilter:="Text,*.txt,CSV,*.csv,Book,*.xls,Add-in,*.xla,Word,*.doc,Acrobat
,*.pdf,ZIP,*.zip,Web,*.htm,VB,*.bas,Icon,*.ico,EXE ,*.exe
"

shows 11 different types, just shorten your descriptions up a little bit!

Dan E