Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2 buttonbar questions

2)
when you build the button, set the caption to the patients ID.

1) use the style property of the button
..style = msoButtonCaption

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Kevin wrote in message
I have a workbook that I have coded (in VB rather than the
toolbox) a custom buttonbar for. It opens when the sheet
is opened, and closes when the workbook is.

Q1 is very basic - in VB how do I get the button to
display text (i.e the macro name), rather than just using
an icon via the FaceID. I thought it was .caption, but
that doesn't work.

Q2 - is it possible to display a cell value in the
buttonbar? This workbook will be copied many, many times
(once for each patient), and I'd like to display the
Patient's ID in the buttonbar, rather than having to
format it into each of the dozens of sheets.
msoControlEdit type doesn't seem to work (unless I've
implemented it wrong).

thanks

kpd