Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How could I do this? Email status...

I would like to know how (if possible!!) I could find the status of an email
I sent. I would like to do this programically.

I do request receipt and I get these back from the addressee (depending on
the ISP and thier mail settings) in to my outlook.

I am basically looking to see if the email had a successfull delivery or
failed.

Any way to check this?

I am using Excel to send the emails, and to store cust info. That is why I
am posting HERE. Should I also post or only post this to Outlook? (I don't
want to cross post...)

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you could do this, then spammers would never bother trying the gimmick of
offering a "remove you name" link in spam because they would know it went to
a good email address. There is no status check. Even the receipt is an
optional thing on the part of the recipient. Anything more would give a
sender (SPAMMER) too much info about the recipient, for privacy's sake.
RMC

"Bruccce" wrote in message
I would like to know how (if possible!!) I could find the status of an email
I sent. I would like to do this programically.

I do request receipt and I get these back from the addressee (depending on
the ISP and thier mail settings) in to my outlook.

I am basically looking to see if the email had a successfull delivery or
failed.

Any way to check this?

I am using Excel to send the emails, and to store cust info. That is why I
am posting HERE. Should I also post or only post this to Outlook? (I don't
want to cross post...)

Thanks
Bruce

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bruce,

Assuming your emailer is Outlook, your best bet for an answer
would be to post to the outlook.program_vba group. My guess is
that you'd want to test the contents of the Outbox to see if it is
still sitting there. That would tell you that it was or was not
sent, but not whether the address was valid.

I'd take the question down the hall to the Outlook folks.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson