Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Choate Richard Choate is offline

Default How could I do this? Email status...

If you could do this, then spammers would never bother trying the gimmick of
offering a "remove you name" link in spam because they would know it went to
a good email address. There is no status check. Even the receipt is an
optional thing on the part of the recipient. Anything more would give a
sender (SPAMMER) too much info about the recipient, for privacy's sake.
RMC

"Bruccce" wrote in message
I would like to know how (if possible!!) I could find the status of an email
I sent. I would like to do this programically.

I do request receipt and I get these back from the addressee (depending on
the ISP and thier mail settings) in to my outlook.

I am basically looking to see if the email had a successfull delivery or
failed.

Any way to check this?

I am using Excel to send the emails, and to store cust info. That is why I
am posting HERE. Should I also post or only post this to Outlook? (I don't
want to cross post...)

Thanks
Bruce