Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default scan rows

hi,
i need to scan rows in these 3 columns where i found the
first cell (C3)in column c is the same in the the second
cell (C4) until it doesnt'changes then sum B3 with b4, b5
ecc. This is a kind a subtotal.
1-column a column b column c
2-Date Weight name
3-12/06/2003 182,00 RIMA SPA
4-12/06/2003 26,00 RIMA SPA
5-12/06/2003 182,00 RIMA SPA
6-12/06/2003 120,00 RIMA SPA
7-13/06/2003 62,20 RIMA SPA
8-13/06/2003 3,75 RIMA SPA
9-16/06/2003 0,60 RIMA SPA
10-16/06/2003 525,00 PERINI SPA
11-16/06/2003 242,50 RIMA SPA
12-17/06/2003 11,98 RIMA SPA
13-19/06/2003 0,30 RIMA SPA
14-19/06/2003 252,00 RIMA SPA
15-19/06/2003 128,60 RIMA SPA
16-19/06/2003 4,10 RIMA SPA

The effect will be so

12/06/2003 510 RIMA SPA
13/06/2003 65,95 RIMA SPA
16/06/2003 0,60 RIMA SPA
16/06/2003 525,00 PERINI SPA
16/06/2003 242,50 RIMA SPA
17/06/2003 11,98 RIMA SPA
19/06/2003 385 RIMA SPA

Thanks in advance.John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A pivot table almost works here. If you can live with a difference.

If I selected the range and did Data|Pivottable, then follow the wizard until I
saw the step with the Layout button and clicked that, I could drag the Date to
the row field. Then drag Name to the row field. Then drag Weight to the Data
field (if it says something besides Sum, double click on it and choose sum.)

Then follow the wizard until completion.

I got this:
Sum of Weight
Date name Total
06/12/2003 RIMA SPA 510
06/12/2003 Total 510
06/13/2003 RIMA SPA 65.95
06/13/2003 Total 65.95
06/16/2003 PERINI SPA 525
RIMA SPA 243.1
06/16/2003 Total 768.1
06/17/2003 RIMA SPA 11.98
06/17/2003 Total 11.98
06/19/2003 RIMA SPA 385
06/19/2003 Total 385
Grand Total 1741.03

And if I double clicked on the Date Field (almost looks like a button), I could
suppress totals for that field. Then it looked like:

Sum of Weight
Date name Total
06/12/2003 RIMA SPA 510
06/13/2003 RIMA SPA 65.95
06/16/2003 PERINI SPA 525
RIMA SPA 243.1
06/17/2003 RIMA SPA 11.98
06/19/2003 RIMA SPA 385
Grand Total 1741.03

But the Rima Spa was combined for 6/16/2003. Is that important enough to toss
the pivot table?

If yes, you may want to look at Data|subtotal. Run it twice. Once for Name and
once for date (be sure to uncheck the "Replace current subtotals" when you run
it the second time.) Then you could use the outlining symbols to the left to
show/hide details.

--

Dave Peterson