Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FUNCTION Problem, Please advise

I have "IF" formula...

=IF(C67=G69;M4;0)

c69 - number.

m4 result if c67=g69

0 if not.

When I'm copying that formula (dragging with mouse.. autopaste) I'm getting
autochanging in formula

=IF(C68=G70;M5;0) ,,

=IF(C69=G71;M6;0)

a problem is I dont wanna that G69 will change, so it will be in all others
functions.

How can I do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I dont wanna that G69 will change

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Chrissy wrote in message
You do not say which part you do not want to change.
If could be the 67 in the C67 or any other number in
your formula. If would only make sense to want to
copy the formula if you want some bits to change and
others not to. The two replies so far tell you what to
do for two different scenarios and both will work but
neither may exactly what you want.

So - on the theory of "give a man a fish and he will
eat for a day - teach him to fish and he will eat for
a life time"........

Select the part of the formula you want to be UNCHANGED
and put a $ in front of it OR just press F4 when the cursor is
on that part of the formula. If C67 is selected or the cursor is
touching it then you will get, when you press F4, $C$67 - press
F$ again and you get C$67 - and press F4 again and you get
$C67 - again and you are back to C67. The $ will make that
part fixed so when you copy the formula (by copy and paste
or dragging etc) you will get only the other bits in your formula
to change. You can have a $ before any part of your cell
reference. Put this in cell B2

=SUM($A$1:A1)

Now copy it to all of the cells in B2 to F10 and enter a 1 in A1
and see what you get. Now look at all the formulas you have created.
You can see what they $ does.

Chrissy.